Sunday, March 11, 2012

Updating a powder room...

 

   My MIL asked me to help her decorate her powder room that was newly painted and beadboard was added with a chair rail.  Her only request was that I used a red metal flower that she had been saving for this space.

Below are before pictures that includes a new vanity light.  Bye, Bye ugly oak vanity light, hellooo satin nickel with frosted glass. (By the way, the vanity light was only $29.88 at Home Depot, I was impressed at the look for a such a bargain!).










Before of an oak shelf that I found sitting in my garage.  I primed it with gray primer and spray painted it in a semi-gloss black.


This is the metal flower that was the one request that go into the room.



And the After, updated and colorfied!  Yep, that's my word.





This media basket from Target was the perfect size to add to the odd space above the toilet that wasn't being used.





Here is the black shelf all prettied up.





This is the opposite wall to the vanity, I found the pictures sold as a set from TJ Maxx.


The space that use to house the trashcan is now a pretty little corner all on it's own.



So that's it!  My first time at decorating someone else's space.  My MIL loved it and I couldn't be happier to be able to help her have a pretty new powder room.  It was a lot of fun!  Now we're moving on to my MIL's living and dining room.  This time we get to play with paint and fabric, two of my favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)