Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mixing Fabric Patterns

  So as I said a few days ago, I am really trying to get over my aversion to mixing fabric patterns.  I spent some time in the fabric store today putting some fabrics together for the fun of it, and for a possible selection for our sofa when our new natural color slipcover comes in.

Here are a few that I came up with:

These looked really good together (I thought!).  But I need something with yellow to match the garden stool that I have purchased.


These three were kind of pushing it for me, I always get freaked out when there are too many patterns.  But I really love the two on the left.



And this is what I came up with for my space.  I already had the fabric to the far left and I have been trying to get two other fabrics that went together.  What do you think? 



I really like this one!  So pretty, it looks like a watercolor.



Etsy

So how did I do? :)

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I think you found a perfect trifecta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) Now that I have seen these pics a few times I think I really love the navy and yellows (the second picture)...now if only I can find those fabrics for less then $30/yd!!! ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is the name of the chartruese green and white fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't know the name but the designer is P Kaufmann and I found the fabric at JoAnn's. Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. I am sooo in love with the blue and yellow waverly paisley print. Do you know who the designer is?

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)