Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Family Room Inspiration

  The other day after I posted the pictures of my living room, dining room and family room, my sister called.  She said "Everything looks really good, I love how light and bright your dining room looks and then you get to the family room and ummmm...."  lol, yes I know, I have been thinking the same thing for months now!

  Ten years ago I would have LOVED to have a red slipcovered sofa.  I would flip through the Pottery Barn catalog and dream of a red sofa, a white painted bench as the coffee table, and a floral rug.  With a big bouquet of sunflowers...

   Now my style has evolved and I am dreaming of clean white spaces with pops of color like yellow and turquoise.  Gray has also trickled into my color scheme, in small doses but mainly it's bright colors in things like pillows and lamps.

   I found this fabric awhile ago and have been hanging onto without any place to really use it.  Now that I am getting a neutral slipcover for our red sofa, I can finally use it!  I plan on making a few pillows for the sofa but I want to get some other fabrics in different patterns.  It is my goal this year to master the art of mixing patterns.




Coastal Living via Centsational Girl
This is one of my inspiration photos because of the lamps and how the gray, yellow, and turquoise are used together.



The House of Smiths
I love all of these colors!


The House of Smiths
There is just something about a bright lamp that just gets me!


I plan on using this garden stool as a side table.  Right now it is staying yellow but I will have to see how it all comes together.


On Sutton Place
I really like how the patterns are mixed and the different fabric on the backs of the pillows adds an accent of color.



Cottage and Vine
I really want to use a chevron fabric.  I'm not brave enough to do curtains but I could do a pillow!



I REALLY like this fabric too!  So that is 3 different fabric patterns that I like... the sparrow fabric, the damask, and the chevron in a gray and white stripe... (nail biting).

I did a post about Olioboard a few weeks ago, but this morning I finally sat down and used it.  It is so much fun!!  I can see how it could be totally addicting.. now I want to do a board for our guest room too.


I'm not sure if I'm loving it all together now that I can actually SEE it.  But I am still going to go forward with the pillows and see what happens.  I know I want to use yellow, gray, and pops of turquoise but the wicker coffee table and bright yellow stool are throwing me off a bit.

Any ideas?  I would love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)