Monday, March 19, 2012

Blue and Orange (Terracotta) Room




  Blue and Orange, there isn't a combination that makes me happier when the summer days are approaching.  Especially when you add in a white, it just makes the other colors pop!

Beautiful idea for a wedding.


Tobi Fairley via decorpad


Angie Hranowski via decorpad


HGTV


  I have been working on a concept for my mother-in-law's living room and dining room.  The floor is a dark, large planked, rustic wood that they just recently installed.  It is gorgeous but most of her furniture is also dark so the room has an overall dark feeling.  We looked through paint samples and decided on Martha Stewart Myrtle Blossom from Home Depot. 

  That was my starting point and I have been at the fabric store like 4 times in a week looking for her room (and mine..still undecided!).  I finally found a Annie Selke fabric that I thought was really pretty for her room and I have been working on finding coordinating fabrics.  The key is color... we want the space to feel lighter and brighter.  Another major improvement will be that she is covering her traditional floral sofa with a natural twill slipcover from http://uglysofa.com/.  I've done some research on slipcovers awhile ago and saw some good reviews from other bloggers on this company.  I'll let you know how it works out!  

Here are the starting pieces: 


Martha Stewart Myrtle Blossom



Pine Cone Hill pillow $144
The fabric is by Annie Selke and is called Shalini Terracotta Slate, we plan on buying the fabric and making the pillows ourselves for the sofa.



Annie Selke Pearls Slate that will be used as an accent pillow.



Waverly Chippendale Fretwork Quartz that will cover the dining room chairs and used as an accent pillow.  I love, love, LOVE this fabric.  The design is pretty, the color is pretty, it's just the "Wow" factor I was looking for in this space!


...and the whole concept done loosely on Olioboard.   She's happy with it, so now it's time to get started!


4 comments:

  1. Pretty...Pretty!!! I've seen a couple other blue/orange and blue/coral posts and love it!!! It makes think...spring:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Can't wait to see it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your design board! Can't wait to see what you do with it and how it turns out! A new follower here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terrie!! So glad you found my little blog :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)