Thursday, March 29, 2012

Signs...



  I now totally have the "I Saw the Sign" song in my head by Ace of Base... so last night I was over at Maple and Magnolia blog looking at all of her wonderful signs and I remembered that I haven't done a blog post about the sign I made.  It's kind of a "House Rules" sign that you see so much around blogland, but I put the things that really meant something to me and what I felt was important for my children, for our own personal sign.

   Here is my inspiration picture:




This is what I ended up with. 



The process went like this:  I went to Home Depot and bought a piece of plywood, primed it and painted it white.  I took vinyl letters from the craft store in 2 different sizes and laid out my words.  I found this part to be tedious because all the letters had to be centered and in line with each other.  Then I painted it Martha Stewart's River Mist, let that dry and then removed the vinyl letters, and sanded it down to give it a distressed finish.  Speaking of finishing, I never sealed it because I am completely impatient. 








I would say overall it was really easy but getting the letters just right was a pain.



Maple and Magnolia
...and I totally plan to steal this sign idea for my kitchen.  :)


** Can I just say that whatever Blogger is doing to "update" the site is frustrating and is making it difficult to create posts because I can not see my tool bar.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  I have sent a few feedback messages but it has not changed.  Very frustrating!

1 comment:

  1. I am always afraid to try this but you made it seem so easy! I will be trying this soon. Thanks!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)