Monday, March 12, 2012

A sneak peak...

 I've been waiting for our house to be somewhat decently picked up before I took pictures of the dining room, living room, and family room.  Our house is an open floor plan so everything is visible from the front door except the kitchen is behind the fireplace wall.
 
  My web guy came over yesterday so I had to clean up a bit.  I figured since the kids haven't had a chance to destroy it yet, today would be a good day to take some pictures.  Typically in our neighborhood of ranch style homes, there would be a dividing wall in between the front room and the family room, but a previous owner removed that wall.  So we have a nice, big, open floor plan.  It's great when the house is picked up, but not so great when an unexpected guest arrives at the front door and EVERYTHING is visible!

So here are some pictures of our house starting from the front door:

















This is our family room.  I kinda hate this room right now because it is in a transition phase.  I am patiently (impatiently!!!) waiting for my new slipcover to come in for our Rowe sofa in a natural color in a washed cotton.  I ordered it in February and it won't be in until April :(  Waiting. Waiting.  I have big plans on adding pillows and color...think yellow and gray.



Kinda hate our fireplace too.



But it's better than it was.



Thinking of having DH make a mantel similar to this.  Our previous mantle was too high and I didn't care for the style of it.



Our monstrosity of a tv. 






Buffet before I painted it and changed the hardware.









I really, really need to come up with a better system than this for all the shoes!!

 
  I would say probably 75% of all of our furniture through out the house is from Craigslist.  Most everything else is from a thrift store or from family.  Here is a break down of some of the furniture that you see in these pictures (all from Craigslist):

Rowe Nantucket sofa $165
Pottery Barn Basic Square chair $150
Bassett Furniture leather chair $250
Buffet/Tv console $85
Pier 1 bar stools $150
Dining room table $40
Pier 1 dining room chairs $75

  One thing that is not second-hand that I am in love with is my dining room light.  That is from Overstock and I just LOVE it.  I have this motto that I say to myself "light, bright, and white".  That is how I want our house to feel.  We have done a lot of vacations with my DH's family in Florida (from Kissimmee to the Keys) and a lot of my inspiration comes from those vacations and the homes that we stayed in.  I want our home to feel like we are on vacation in Florida ALL YEAR LONG.  It's too bad the dishes and laundry take away from the relaxing vacation vibe... but it helps to have a very large palm tree out our front window!!

So there it is!  Our open floor plan, feel like you're on vacation every single day, ranch style home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)