Friday, March 9, 2012

Inspiration Friday No.2 ~ Bathrooms

  My mother-in-law has asked me to help her decorate her powder room.  At first I was terrified of the idea, I mean I've only helped pick out a paint color for a friend before!  I've never been given full reign over a room.  But when I started thinking about it, I thought it might actually be fun!

  In my opinion a powder room is the one place in your home that you can really take a chance and make a statement.  This is a good place to start if you want to try a bold paint color or wallpaper.  It's not something that you would have to look at every second of the day and it says to your guests "this is me, this is my personality".  I started looking online for some inspiration and these are some of the pictures that caught my eye.

Hazardous Design via Rambling Renovators
The bold wallpaper is just enough with the wainscoting.


Attic Magazine
I love every.single.elment in this bathroom.  The vanity, the mirror, the tile... love it all.


Thibaut via decorhappy
Beautiful wallpaper and I'm a sucker for painted bamboo.


decorpad
This wallpaper isn't bright but it definitely makes a statement.


Martha O'Hara Interiors
The elements in this room like the vanity and hardwood floor make this more of a traditional style powder room.


House Beautiful
That vanity is to die for!!  Amazing.


Centsational Girl
I love the modern touches that were added to make this bathroom standout.


Niche Interiors
This wallpaper would be way too much in any other room but because of the small space it looks so cool.


Southern Living
Adding mirrors takes what would be a plain vanity and makes it just sooo glamorous.


House and Home
The modern vessel bowl and the more traditional vanity work together beautifully.  I also love the group of artwork.  Why not have your favorite things displayed beautifully, even if it's in the bathroom?

Happy Friday everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Is that last sink smiling at me?lol Great pics, so many different styles. Goodluck with the powder room project. Cant wait to see what you come up with. -jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these bathrooms! You did a great job with your mil's bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) It was a lot of fun~ Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)