Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Fling Link Party



spring fling party button kate

I linked over at Centsational Girl for the Spring Fling link party to show off my diy chalkboard.  I didn't take a before picture of what this looked like when I bought it at the thrift store, but imagine a foamboard poster with a navy blue plastic frame.  Ugly.  I took out the foam board and painted it with chalkboard paint and painted the frame Benjamin Moore's White Dove.  I really wanted a distressed frame but when I realized that the frame was actually plastic and not wood (much later after I had already bought it and brought it home), I had to come up with a different plan.  I bought Folk Art Antiquing Medium in Wooden Bucket and transformed this ugly frame into what looks like an antiqued wood.  Score!!  I also discovered Chalk Ink found at Michael's Arts and Crafts store.  It goes on like a marker and dries to a chalk.  Genius.






Happy Spring everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi....you were one of the two posts above me, so I stopped by to say hi...and wonderfully suprised to see a fellow Virginian!
    Love your project....and can't wait to start following you more regularly!
    Laura (in Charlottesville)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)