Friday, March 16, 2012

Inspiration Friday No.3 ~ Dining Rooms

 

  Hello everyone, Happy Friday!!!  I'm back with some beautiful pictures for your Friday eye candy.  Today I am onto dining rooms because my MIL has asked me to help her decorate her living room & dining room space.  You will see a reoccurring theme in these pictures (it's the color navy!).  I have been fixated on the color navy ever since we painted our hallway a dark color- more on that another day.  I don't think that I will use such a dark color on my MIL's walls, but I am really loving some navy walls right now!!


House Beautiful
I love this mirror and how it pops on the dark wall!



nauticalcottageblog.com
I adore everything about this space.  My MIL likes the breezy, white curtains and the overall look of the windows.



Her table is more like this style, but we will re-cover the dining room chair pads, not slipcover them.  I need to find a fabric...and a paint color that brings in the blue but that is not as dark as a navy.



Southern Living



House Beautiful



Sarah Richardson design
When I brought these pictures for her to look through to give me an idea of what look she was going for, she wrote on this picture that she loved "everything on this page".  This says to me that we are going with a "modern country" style, an updated version of country without all the fluff.



Something's Gotta Give dining room via Cote de Texas

We plan on incorporating a plate wall.  I think this look is simple, easy and timeless. 

So that is my starting point to an updated, modern country style dining room.

Have a great day!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)