Friday, June 29, 2012

Inspiration Friday No.18 ~ Makeup Studio Design


  As many of you know, I have been working on putting together a makeup studio in my home.  I compiled some of my favorites images.



Every girl needs a little glamour.




Pale pinks are a pretty background.  Pink is a beautiful color to make a woman's skin glow.




Pink and glamour together.  Now that's hot!




Every makeup studio needs good lighting.  Thankfully my room gets a lot of natural light so I can avoid the dreaded vanity lighting and just add in a chandelier and table lamps.




Pretty makeup displayed in a way that leads to lots of experimenting and playing around!  The attraction that women feel to makeup is very tactile.  We like to touch and try things on.




Since this room also doubles as a guest room, I would love to replace our full size bed with a daybed.  Our most frequent guest is my mom and at 4'11'' she will have no problem sleeping comfortably.

 West Elm daybed



A West Elm knock-off is the Green Key daybed from Overstock.



My "Makeup Lounge" via Olioboard

Happy Friday everyone!!

~  Kim :)





2 comments:

  1. It is going to look amazing!! Kim B

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! It will be great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)