Thursday, June 28, 2012

I'm thinkin' pink..Hot Pink!!!


  The hardest part of any interior design project for me is putting all of the pieces together.  When I do a room, I try very hard not to be too matchy-matchy but to have a cohesive plan in mind of how all the pieces go together.  So when I had this plan to create a makeup studio in my home to help launch and promote my new makeup line, I went through this book by House Beautiful to find some inspiration.




...oh yeah, did I tell you I am starting a makeup line?  It's been in the works for awhile but I have to think things through 'til I give myself gray hairs.  But when I do something I do it wholeheartedly.  So now that it is actually happening, I am beyond excited.  I plan to take this little wedding makeup business to a whole new level!!


This is the logo I had made like 8 years ago and never really used it except on business cards.  Now I plan to have it on foundations bottles and powder... and eye shadows!!!
                     



So back to paint... the color that I picked is called Razzle Dazzle by Benjamin Moore.  Here it is below featured in House Beautiful magazine.


I bought a full gallon of this color with out sampling it.  I'm a little scared.

  So I am trying to put all of the pieces together in this room I have dubbed the "Makeup Lounge".  I plan to use Razzle Dazzle only on one wall as the focal point and use black and white accents through out the room.  I am spending a lot of time and lack of sleep trying to make sure that everything goes together, but there are a lot of pieces including the finishes on a makeup table, a daybed for guests, side tables, and the metal tones on the mirror and chandelier.  It's a lot to put together!

  Another one of my problems is that I have so many unfinished projects around the house right now.  First off I still haven't changed the lights in the hallway after our board and batten project.  I still haven't worked on my daughter's room...mainly because I can't actually walk in there with out stepping on something, but also there is paint samples on all the walls in the bathroom and unfinished (dreaded) popcorn ceiling patch to do in the kitchen.  I have at least 3 spray paint projects sitting in the garage waiting to be done, and here I go onto another project as well as launching a cosmetics line.

...and as my sister recently pointed out, I always have some kind of project going on, and I totally have A.D.D.  I totally know she is right, so I can't even argue.

Come back Friday to see my "Makeup Lounge" inspiration board I made at www.olioboard.com.

~  Kim :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)