Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Coffee Table Switcheroo


Ever since I saw this coffee table in the living room from Young House Love's first house, 
I have been on the look out for one similar.  



If you remember this is what our family room looked like a few months ago after I found 
this wicker trunk on Craigslist.




...and the family room after scoring a similar glass table from Craigslist last week for $30.









I really like how the glass reflects the light in the room and I can display things on both the top and bottom.  It is more upkeep but I think it is totally worth it.












I did finally wash three of the slipcovers on the seat cushions.  I did not use bleach or Oxi Clean but I was really disappointed by how they turned out with regular detergent.  They all came out with yellow streak marks.  I have a front loading washing machine, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the way they washed.  I plan to try again with Oxi Clean next time and hope they come out better.




I have friends and family tell me all the time that they can never find anything on Craigslist and I just say to them that you have to look all the time.  I down loaded the Craigslist app on my iPhone and it has made finding items so much easier.  Plus, I get to save my favorites so I can keep track of what I love.  I have posted two pictures of items that are listed on my local Craigslist right now. 


If you are looking for an easy DIY project, these matching dining chairs would be a breeze with some spray paint and new fabric.



...and if you are not the DIY type, this dresser is already beautifully done.



Our summer vacation started yesterday and I am really hoping to keep my sanity this summer.  Two children who want to be kept busy will be a tough job!!

~  Kim :)

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)