Friday, June 1, 2012

Best Thrift Store Find


  Today I am linking up to Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Friday party to show off one of my favorite thrift store finds.  I have friends and family all the time tell me that they can never find anything at thrift stores and I tell them, you just have to go all the time.  That means getting there when they open and sometimes going daily to get lucky enough to find a great piece.

  I featured this vanity table when I showed off my blue and white painted striped wall post in my dining room.    I used this piece mainly because I didn't have anything else but so far it has stuck and I think the color of it is amazing.



  I found this table already painted for $40.  I knew it was good because I had a few ladies coming up to me and asking me if I was going to buy it!  





  When you lift the middle part, a mirror comes up and there is storage inside.  It would make an awesome vanity but right now it is living as a console table.
















  Whoever painted this piece used a really cool technique of silver antiquing.  It is a really lovely piece and I am so happy that I didn't have to paint it!!!









It is currently living like this against the striped wall.  








Please click this link to visit Miss Mustard Seed's to see all the great furniture pieces.

Also, an Inspiration Friday post to follow. :)

~  Kim

4 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful find and only $40! It looks great against your wall too. I am your newest follower. I hope you can visit me sometime too. I would also love for you to link up your find at my weekend Linky party called Rustic Restorations Weekend! I hope to see you there!
    http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2012/05/rustic-restorations-weekend-linky-party_31.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, thank you for the invite and thank you for stopping by!!

      Kim

      Delete
  2. Gotta love it! The color and the way it is painted is simply awesome!
    No..I'm not jealous! Not at all... ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Dina, I feel lucky to have found it! :)

      Kim

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)