Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wedding Weekend


  I had a wonderful weekend in Nags Head for my cousin's wedding.  She planned the entire thing from Colorado and enlisted the help of family and friends to help her pull it all off.  It was a beautiful ceremony on the beach with musicians and all.  The reception was held at the newly rebuilt Jennette's Pier with the most amazing view of the sun setting.



 The happy couple.


The view from the beach ceremony.


The pretty Bride after we played with makeup.











I loved the cake!! 








View from the pier. 


My cousin makes the most amazing jewelry.  So talented!! 





The morning after the wedding, my sister and I sat with our coffee, 
watching the dolphins swim by. 




  I wanted to get my children something from my trip, since they stayed home with their Daddy.  I walked through the Wings store looking through toys and clothes and then I saw the hermit crabs.  I couldn't think of a better way to bring the beach to them.  We named him Herman (my name), Mr.Pickles (husband and daughter's name), Jet (son's name)... then the next day, my daughter said "Why don't we just call him Mr. Crabs?".  So I guess he's going through a little bit of an identity crisis with his name but he's a cute little thing.  We let him walk around the other day and he raced all around giving my daughter a total fit, she thought he would fall off the table.




















  
  

  My Grandmother was unable to attend the wedding due to her poor health.  Sadly yesterday I learned that she passed away in the early morning hours.  She and my Grandpa built a cottage in Duck, and that is where I began my love affair with the beach.  We spent so much time at their cottage with all the cousins and family.  My favorite memory is driving on the beach at Corolla and playing with the small jellyfish in the ocean, where my sister and I would sit for hours playing in the shallow pools.  She joins my Dad and Grandpa in death, I know she is at peace.  She will be dearly missed.


My Grandma with my son 2 years ago.


~  Kim

3 comments:

  1. Those are such beautiful pics of the wedding! Your camera does an amazing job. You and your cousin really do favor each other. Your family is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, my lil 'ol Canon Power Shot does ok ;-)

      Delete
  2. Great pictures and tribute! It was a wonderful wedding celebration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)