Friday, June 1, 2012

Inspiration Friday No.14 ~ Color Coral


Today's "Inspiration Friday" is all about the color coral.  I have it in my head that I want to paint our main bathroom this vibrant color for a change from my typical blue or green paint colors.  I thought I had the color picked out but after doing some research online last night, I'm afraid it might not be that easy!  

There are so many different shades of coral from red, to orange, to pink that although I think they are all beautiful, I was looking more of a coral-pink, so that it wasn't too shocking.  Below you can see all the different tones of the color.


 thriftreveal.blogspot.com


Here are my initial picks:

 Martha Stewart Larkspur



Martha Stewart Peony 
(I couldn't find a paint chip online, but you can see from this side table and the island below, it is more of an orange toned coral)


Martha Stewart Peony



 Glidden Red Grapefruit


I was totally set on the Red Grapefruit by Glidden until I saw this last night....

 mycolortopia.com

...ummm, yeah I'm not trying to go nursery pink.


This is the way the paint chips look on the wall in the bathroom.  This bathroom is in the hallway and has no natural light.  Currently it is painted Quiet Moments by Benjamin Moore, but I'm thinking it's needs to be something a little more punchy.

From left to right Larkspur, Red Grapefruit, Peony.

Behr Coral Expressions.  
I found this one on the Real Simple website and I think it is worth checking out.





So here are inspiration pictures for the color coral.  
It is such a happy color any way you do it!!!


 Martha Stewart








 designeditor.typepad.com



 Elle Decor



 Traditional Home via Tobi Fairley




Pinterest



Happy Friday!  I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.  
I know we are getting excited for summer break here, only 2 weeks left!!!

~  Kim :)

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is the photo with the flowers with no writing underneath. Very pretty! -J

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)