Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Favorite Souvenirs Link Party


  Today I am linking up to a party at Centsational Girl to show off your favorite travel souvenirs.  I have never traveled off the east coast past the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee.  Most of my vacations when I was a child were to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, where my grandparents built a cottage in Duck.  I have found memories of my family fishing off the shore and playing with the small jellyfish at Corolla Beach.  As an adult I have traveled to Florida many times and even spent my honeymoon in Key West.

  In the last few years, I have made a point to bring home souvenirs that I could enjoy throughout the year and could incorporate in my home.  As I have said before, I decorate with the feeling of a vacation in mind.  Light, laid back, and reminding me of the water.  We live in a resort city in Virginia Beach, but there is something special about the Florida beaches that keep us wanting to go back.



These earrings were purchased in Key West on our 2010 trip.  I love them and they remind me of 
our trip every time I wear them.  









 This wood carved sea horse was purchased in New Smyrna Beach.




 Japanese floating ball, I wish I had purchased more of these.  Especially the large clear ones.





Always have to come home with shells and coral.





Is there any other way???





 Lemon soy petal pot candle purchased in the same shop as the earrings above.  It smells delicious and brings me back to the little shop on Duval Street when I smell it.










Capiz chandelier purchased at my all time favorite shop in Key Largo called Shell World.  I could spend hours just looking at everything!!  This hangs over our bed and it is so peaceful to hear when you are drifting off to sleep.





A fantastic little beach with a rock path that created a cove in the ocean and was a perfect spot for the kids to play in the water.  We found it by total accident and it was one of my all time favorite spots!





My daughter and I playing with the dauphins.





Sunset in Key West.


If you could go anywhere right this second to vacation, where would you go?

~  Kim :)

7 comments:

  1. I would go to Key Largo for a week and stay in this fantastic home that we stayed in a few years ago that was on the canal. It had a tiki bar and a hot tub. Need I say more?!

    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go to Seista Key! I hear it has the most beautiful beaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they do look like fantastic beaches! I've never been on the Golf Coast, it looks beautiful!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, there were so many to choose from it was a hard decision!

      Kim

      Delete
  4. Beautiful travel souvenirs! Fantastic post!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely go check out your blog, thanks for visiting mine!!

      Kim

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)