Friday, May 25, 2012

Inspiration Friday No.13 ~ Master Bedroom


  A few years ago we purchased a "grown-up" master bedroom set.  It's pretty but it's big, painted black, and very traditional.  Even with the adult-like furniture, I have failed miserably on creating a relaxing and inviting master.  It's more like clothes, shoes, and dust bunnies everywhere.

  One issue I have is that I'm not sure which bedroom we should be in.  Currently we are in the 15 x 17 ft. room (the 4th bedroom) at the back of the house that is more private and has more natural light but is lacking one closet and a bathroom.  The idea when we moved into this house was to add a master bathroom off of the this room (see map below), creating a true master suite... but we need new windows and a roof in the next few years, so that $35,000 master bathroom addition isn't happening anytime soon!

  The traditional master is smaller, darker and I kind of hate that room.  The bathroom is horrific...we're talking yellow tile, peeling wallpaper, and the vanity is missing a drawer.... oh and the floor is stick on tile!!!  I HATE that bathroom.   So I don't know what to do.  For one, if we did move back into the "master bedroom," our furniture doesn't all fit without us having to suck it in and squeeze around, so we will have to lose the chest of drawers.  It's dark, like depressing dark and then again, the bathroom.  Hate that bathroom, oh did I say that already?!



  Anyway, onto the pretty stuff.  If I could have a master it would look something like one of these...

Southern Living 



All other images via Coastal Living 



I am not in love with this head board and twin beds (cute for a guest room) 
but the overall colors are pretty.



I am kinda loving the upholstered headboard look that is so popular right now.  I've actually thought of throwing some batting and fabric over our current headboard and see what I get.  Not sure about the nailhead trim, never played with that before!



A small, intimate sitting area would be awesome... and a nice little escape from the kids!! :)



I will never be able to have this size bathroom in the master (swooning over the tub)...

 Matthew Millman photography via www.craveorcreate.blogspot.com



...but maybe I could have something that looks like this...

Sarah Richardson



More pictures from Coastal Living that I am loving right now...


With this aqua door, it's like you would just come home everyday singing "Oh happy day, oh happy day"!!!
















Yeah, I think I could live here!  


Happy Friday!  I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

~  Kim :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim!
    I love your blog and a sitting area in particular (Inspiration Friday No. 13)! This is exactly what I am looking for! Can you give me any info in regards to maker, seller, store - where I could find this greenish corner chair/loveseat?
    Thanks so much - have a great weekend!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly! I am really sorry but I'm not going to be much help. Most likely I snatched this picture up from Pinterest (I looked already in my "For the Home" board and didn't see anything http://pinterest.com/MakeupbyKimP/) or a Google search but since I didn't label the picture, I didn't have a source. I would try a key word search like "corner loveseat" and possibly "coastal living". Sorry, I wish I had more info to give you! Good luck ~ Kim

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)