Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Before and After... (almost)


  Today was a busy day, lots of updating at my mother-in-law's house for her living room and dining room makeover.  First, I will show you some before pictures and what has been updated so far.

This is what we started with.  A once loved floral print sofa that no longer fit into my mother-in-law's desire for a more light and modern look.  Luckily she was able to find it a good home at her mom's house!



The walls were white and missing personality!!






New addition...the sofa was found for $175 at a garage sale.  
It is Storehouse brand and is in great condition... (she did attempt to use a slipcover on the floral sofa from http://uglysofa.com/, but that was quickly forgotten when she found this sofa at such a good deal!)



The coffee table was $25 found on Craigslist.  



Yep, I said $25!!! This is a heavy, REAL wood table.  You can not beat it!!!




...the room with new paint from Martha Stewart, Myrtle Blossom.  
Such a pretty blue, it immediately gave the room new life.




...and today the windows looked like this.  There was no visual separation from this room and the sunroom on the back of the house.  So I ran around all day putting the pieces together to give the two windows in this room a new life.







...and the new and improved windows in this living room and dining room.  Thanks to my husband and father-in-law that so happily put up two bamboo shades, two curtain rods, and two pictures!



Oh and the crown molding was installed today!  My father-in-law has been very busy.  I love that the men in our lives are happy to help us!!

(pictures were taken with my iPhone, I apologize for the poor quality)


























I absolutely LOVE how it turned out, and more importantly my mother-in-law is happy with it!

The break down of where the new items were purchased from is:

Curtain rods-  already owned and spray painted black

Bamboo shades-  Home Depot

White curtains-  B. Smith at Bed Bath and Beyond

Curtain rings-  Bed Bath and Beyond

Floral prints-  TJ Maxx


Thanks for looking!!

~  Kim :)


4 comments:

  1. love it, looks so different. mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! I was there yesterday and it looks way bigger now. Just rugs and some small things and it will be all done!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)