Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A little bit of every thing...


  I am sitting here enjoying my quiet, kid-free home with my coffee and the time to sit and read some of my favorite blogs.  I came across this today at DIY Showoff and stopped dead in my tracks.  I am dying over these rattan stools....


and to think they looked like this...ahhhh, seriously in love.



This weekend was really busy around here.  We had my daughter's last soccer game of the season and her 7th birthday party on the same day.



Her party was a luau theme and they had so much fun dressing up.  It was at my in-laws and those crazy kids all went swimming in the pool.  They came out shivering and with blue lips, but they didn't care!!












I have some pretty flowers coming up in my garden.  This hydrangea I planted this year, it was pink, but the acidity in the soil is turning it purple.  I took this picture with Instagram, love it!







My first peony.  I wish I had 30 of these plants, they are really so beautiful!









I love the salvia with other flowers or even by itself in a white vase.



I have hydrangeas!!!  I am so stinkin' happy.  We have two hydrangea plants that were here when we moved in.  They must be really old and last year didn't bloom ONE SINGLE FLOWER.  I was so bummed, so this year I told my husband that I was going to trim off the old, dead wood and if it didn't bloom again, that we would just remove the plants.  Well, it worked!!  All of the energy in the plant must have been going to the dead wood because after I removed it, I now have these big, beautiful blooms.






Soooo pretty!!!









My Mother's Day present was my husband and father-in-law repairing a leak in our roof that resulted in this mess in the main bathroom.  Anytime we would get a hard rain with winds, the corner would leak.  It currently looks like this because I'm not sure if I want to re-paint in there or not.




The shower curtain looks like this and I love it, but I'm thinking I'm getting tired of the green.  Especially because I never cared for the finish on the Benjamin Moore Aura paint that they suggested for the bathroom.  It's just FLAT.  I don't know, there's just something about it I don't care for.  Not sure if it's the color or the finish but I've been thinking about a change.



It's been like this for a few months... just not sure where I want to go from here.


So this is one of the projects that I've been thinking about doing.  Currently we have been on a hiatus from projects around the house but I'm ready to get some things done and to finish up on some of the projects that didn't get completed.  The story of our lives...


And this little ~ big snapping turtle~ was in the street in front of our house last week and caused quite an uproar.  He kept trying to cross the street on a busy neighborhood road and a bunch of passerby's and myself tried to help him out.  A man stopped and told me he had gotten hit by a truck a few days before but that didn't stop him from trying to keep getting across. 



We decided to just stop traffic and let him jay walk but then a nice man stopped and took action.



You can see more about the rattan stools and the amazing house they live in here: http://seasideshelter.blogspot.com/2012/05/turquoise.html.


So now that I have spent 2 hours and 30 minutes on the computer, I'm off to pick up my son from nursery school.  Why does the quiet times have to fly by so fast???

~  Kim :)

5 comments:

  1. You had a great weekend! Those snapping turtles can be dangerous too! Love the party and your hydrangeas!!! I had blooms last year, this year NOTHING! Temperamental things! However, they are my FAVORITE!! Enjoy your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie,
      In RI we have hydrangeas absolutely everywhere. I've never seen anything like it. I have to cut mine back so they don't black out my windows. Apparently they love the humid weather. They need part shade too to really take off. If you didn't get blooms you may have cut the new growth off last season. Regular hydrangeas (not the "ever blooms") grow buds on the dead wood at the end of the season for the next year. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Hi Terrie I have noticed that hydrangeas that bloom the year they are planted skip a year before they start blooming. I think it may be due to them getting acclamaited to their new home... maybe, I really have no idea. I just started planting hydrangeas two years ago but my first year plants didn't bloom last year but are this year and the five I planted last year, none of them have bloomed. Just my theory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,
    First, thanks for the mention! I was on the fence with those stools as they aren't for my house, but I knew I'd love them cleaned up and painted.
    I LOVE the white washed round table you have your hydrangeas on. Do you have any more photos of it?
    I'm getting ready to do a coffee table and I love the finish. Glass is a great idea as well. What did you use?
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dani, thanks for stopping by! Can you believe that table was trash on the side of the road?? You can see more of the table here:

      http://www.mylifeincolorblog.com/2012/03/little-bird-and-table.html

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)