Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Paper Lantern Chandelier


  Awhile ago I did a post about updating my daughter's room into something a little more grown up and girly for her upcoming 7th birthday.  You can see that post here:   http://www.mylifeincolorblog.com/2012/03/planning-pretty-new-room-for-birthday.html).  

  Well, her birthday has come and gone and I am still in the planning stages of her bedroom update.  She did get the comforter set from her grandmother but we haven't put in on yet because I want to get some of the other things done first, like finding an antique mirror to go above her white painted dresser.  Here is the comforter set...



My intention was to take down the dated brass and white ceiling fan and install this chandelier 
from Home Depot.


But for her luau themed birthday party this year, we used paper lanterns like these from Pier 1...


...and I have to say I really liked them and thought they would look cute in place of the chandelier.  Not to mention, a cheaper and more interesting alternative.  


My daughter is definitely a girly girl, but she is also a bit funky.  I think the chandelier would fall short of her expectations...unless of course, it was painted hot pink!!  I saw an episode on Nate Berkus where a couple used a grouping of white paper lanterns in their bedroom hung from fishing line.  I found some really cute ideas online and I think I'm going to hit up Party City, Michael's, and A.C. Moore's and see what I can find.  I really like the pom pom looking ones!

www.ashleyannphotography.com



 Pinterest



 Google image







 Pinterest
I absolutely LOVE this one!!!  The colors are so pretty and the way the textures and the sizes vary, it just looks so cool!



www.placetobloom.blogspot.com


I think they look magical and for a 7 year old girl who loves color, I think they will be perfect!!!

....now I just have to figure out how to hang them on or around a ceiling light fixture.

If anyone has any ideas or knows a good blog to check out, please let me know!  Also, I am still looking for the perfect mirror, if any of my VB friends see one that is in good shape and just needs some spray paint love, please let me through email or in the comments section.  Thank you!!!

~  Kim :)


7 comments:

  1. Love the poms on the ceiling! Can't help you with how to wire them, but if you figure it out be sure to post because I would love to see them!

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper lanterns to me would be so much better in her room,for a seven year old,that seems like more fun,and color! mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think she would love it. I am going to see if I can find the pom pom ones first before I tell her.

      Delete
  3. Pom poms are at party city in several colors. :). Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will look perfect in her room!! Such a cool and fun idea!! Can't wait to see your creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)