Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Show and Tell... Lanterns


After a follower left a comment asking about the light in our dining room, I thought I would tell you about the light and where I got it, along with the inspiration pictures that led me to it.


our cottage dining room





My inspiration:


























These two were definite contenders...


...from Pottery Barn $299



... and from Ballard Designs $229




...but the one I decided on is from Overstock for $148.99 and it is wonderful.  It is heavy, with an antique copper finish that fits perfectly with our beachy, cottage style.  I am so happy with it!!




This light was also mentioned in an ideabook on Houzz by blogger Emily A. Clark.

I really just love it.  I had them hang it a little lower than the typical 36" clearance above a table.  Mine hangs 31 1/2" from our dining room table.  Just high enough that someone won't bang their head on it leaning over!

~  Kim :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)