Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spray Paint Yellow Lamp



  Hi everyone, I'm sorry I have been M.I.A. for a few days.  My Mom came into town on Thursday and my sister arrived today, my son's 4th birthday is Thursday and his birthday party is at our house on Saturday.  I also have two wedding makeup clients this weekend.  Whew!!!... on top of all that I have been very BUSY doing projects around here!

  I have been on the lookout for a thrift store lamp to spray paint yellow for awhile and when I picked up the Country Living magazine I knew I had to do it.  So Sunday I took some time to hit the thrift stores.



Here is a $4.25 lamp from Goodwill that was screaming for some spray paint love!!  







  The lampshade was in good condition so I left it.  
I used Rust-oleum's Sun Yellow in Gloss.  I didn't even prime it, which I have never done but it was so much easier, and it seems to be just fine.


 I mean I LOVE it!!!




Tomorrow I will show what I've done different in our family room.  Remember I was saying I wanted some more color...well I've got it now!

~  Kim :)

3 comments:

  1. I love Country Living for inspiration too. Your lamp looks so pretty! Just like it! Loving how your family room is coming along! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got completely distracted by that Country Living cover photo. I can see why you were so inspired ... and determined ... to get your very own yellow lamp. And it looks lovely!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and thank you for stopping by! :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)