Friday, April 27, 2012

Inspiration Friday No.9 ~ Makeup

  

Makeup.  

Besides pillows and painted furniture it is up there on the top of my list of favorite things... bring to me a Sephora and the angels start to sing.  My work in makeup began 10 years ago for Merle Norman Cosmetics and I have been a freelance makeup artist for 8 years.  It's a huge part of my life, so I thought that I would show you some of my work, the products that I love to use, and the looks that I love to do.

Delirious Photography


Most of my business is working with brides and their bridal parties.  It is such a reward to get to work with these women on one of the most important days of their lives.
Del Haven Studio



My makeup kit is never finished.  There is always another product that I need or want to try.

Sam Hughes Photography


Sam Hughes Photography



I am always looking for new makeup looks and keeping up with the trends to stay current.  There is nothing worse than a dated makeup look.  It instantly ages a woman.... high up on my list on what not to do is the wrong foundation color and harshly penciled in eyebrows.

 Pinterest
Fresh and Springy


 Pinterest
Classic makeup look... never goes out of style when done correctly



And some of my favorites... I am not a one product line junkie, I like to spread the love around.

  Grassroots Research Labs available at Kohl's.... saw this in a magazine as the Beauty Editor's Favorite and I have to say I have been using it for years and I LOVE this stuff.  


 Always good to use when you need your makeup to last all day.




The best.  
There really is no reason to spend a ton of money on mascaras.  You only use it for a short amount of time and the drugstore brands are without a doubt comparable to department store brands.



Okay, so here is what I have learned about lipsticks.  No product line is the same and the $25 lipsticks are not any better than the cheaper brand.  Sometimes.  In my mind, Revlon has been around long enough to perfect the lipstick, and I believe they are as good IF NOT BETTER than the more expensive lipsticks.  I love them, seriously.  Now that being said, I am kind of a lipstick drugstore snob, I refuse to buy any other brand.  When you find something that works, why switch?




Mauve It Over 
... the best natural looking lipstick.  This is the perfect lipstick if you are doing a glossy lip but need a little more color.  It is matte perfection.




Temptress
...a nice pinky color that is perfect for the fresh faced, Springy look that is so popular right now.



Wine With Everything
...I just had a makeup trial with a bride that wanted a red lip.  This is a great red if you have trouble with reds turning pinky.  A really pretty look with a nude eye and black liner.




Nars Orgasm stick (great name, huh?! lol)
...I have used this until there is almost nothing left.  I use it when I don't have a lot of time to apply makeup, it's great to throw into your bag and put on in the car!



 A comparable knock-off to the Nars Orgasm blush is Pink Tutu by Flirt!, available at Kohl's.



And my next makeup purchase will be this palette by Urban Decay, the colors are amazing and there is a nice mix of matte and shimmer shades.


So I would love to hear, 
what's your favorite makeup product?

You can visit www.makeupbykimporter.com to see the rest of my portfolio!

~  Kim :)

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)