Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Let there be... COLOR!!!



  There are two things that I have learned about myself.  One is that I do not like dark or busy area rugs... I would buy a rug and would get tired of it at the six month mark and be ready for something else.  But rugs aren't cheap and it seemed that I was spending a lot and not getting a lot of use out of it.

  Two is that although I LOVE LOVE LOVE a white room in a picture or in a magazine, in my own home I crave color.  Not red slipcover color like I had before but color that is fun and bright, especially this time of year.

 I bought some fabric for $35 and made 4 pillows.  I like how the pillows bring in other colors than the yellow but also brings it all together.  The pillows are fun and will be easy to change out when I feel like it... and the sisal area rug from Ikea that I purchased for $99 has been down for a year, and I still love it!!

... and I am still loving the yellow lamp!!!  It is such a fun and easy project that anyone can do in just a few hours!

So I am interested to know, is there anything that you have learned about yourself in regards to decorating?

Before:



After:







I'll never win Seamstress of the Year... my sewing skills are basic at best!










Fun, colorful, and easy to change out... yes please!!!

~ Kim :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Everything is coming together so well! It looks so cozy/fun in there if that makes any sense. With the white side table and yellow lamp it makes the yellow on the other side really pop!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks GREAT!!! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOKS GREAT - LOVE THE COLOR!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)