Friday, April 20, 2012

Inspiration Friday No.8 ~ Gardening


  
  Hi everyone!!!  Big weekend here at our house, we are hosting our son's 4th birthday party.  It's a pirate party and I am hoping the cute pirate costume I ordered for him arrives today.  Should be a fun time!


My inspiration had moved from inside the house to the outside.  As soon as the weather starts staying warm I want to get out and get my hands dirty.  The front of our house is FULL sun all day long.  I am planning to make a small bed in the middle of our front yard a colorful arrangement of perennials and annuals.  Here is some of my inspiration...

I would love to grow peonies that look like these!!!

 haute-hostess.com



 This is what our bed in the front yard looked the other day.  Kinda ...VERY... drab and the mulch was looking rough after a year in full sun.  I have asiatic lilies coming up and last year the vincas I planted did fantastic.


 I picked up a few plants the other day, including my first peony.  I actually ran in to buy just a few small flowers to put in pots and found that I had a Home Depot gift card in my wallet with $75 on it!  SCORE!!!


 I went to a garden center late last summer and found a large peony plant for $80!!! No, thanks.
 Luckily, Home Depot has them right now for $16.99.





 This is after planting a few plants and turning up the mulch a bit.  
Still pretty drab but I've got plans.



 I am hoping these hydrangea plants bloom this year, for some reason last year I didn't get a single bloom.


 This would be nice.


 www.coldclimategardening.com


gardentreeslandscape.com 
More peonies... I picked up another plant today, an all pink one.


google 
Vincas will be planted, they do awesome in the full sun and they are great for adding color!


clydelady2.hubpages.com  
...and last I planted Canna Lilies that we had pulled out of a bed last year and put in a pot.  They had literally taken over one bed.  I thought they would be nice to add the tropical feel next to the palm trees and to add some height.

Happy Friday everyone, I hope you have a fantastic weekend!!!

~ Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)