Friday, December 21, 2012

Inspiration Friday No.34~ Out of Sadness Comes Love


  This has been a difficult week, I have not cried this much since 9/11, as I'm sure many of you have.  I am so happy to have had no work scheduled for this week so I could go through all the stages of shock, grief, anger, and finally sadness that has encompassed me.
  I do not watch the news often, I get most of my news from my Facebook or Twitter feed, but this week I have been glued to the news stations.  I have stayed up way too late for too many nights looking at guns statistics and becoming more angry the more I learned.  This one week feels like a month and I am no where near Newtown, Connecticut.  I can only just imagine what it must be like for them.
  With today being a week since the shooting I am going to take a moment of silence along with many others.  You may see some websites go black for one minute tomorrow starting at 9:30 a.m..  If you are on Twitter you can find out information at #momentforSandyHook.
  I have cried so many tears listening to the parents of these children.  My daughter and I even talked about doing a "peace sign" birthday cake like Grace McDonnell did for her 7th birthday.  She is the same age as my daughter, but Grace will never celebrate her 8th birthday.  This is so difficult for me to even comprehend how this must feel for her family, so many beautiful children, their teachers and principal, all lives lost too soon.


Angel who was killed in Sandy Hook shooting, Grace McDonnell.


  As seen on the Emily A. Clark blog, if you want to do something to help you can go to Brickyard Buffalo to purchase downloadable prints, like the one you see below.  All of the proceeds will got to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund through the United Way.



"My Heart Carries Me Through" - Kelli Murray


   I am sure today will be difficult for so many, but I know for myself, I need to move on.  
The news stories are becoming less about those that were lost and more about the disturbed 
young man and his motives.  No matter what they may be, it will never justify the killing of 
innocent children, so I really don't care to hear it.  

Today, I will prepare to celebrate Christmas with a heavy heart 
and I will not take for granted 
that I will have what so many families will not have this holiday season.
  
You can follow what is going on with Newtown, Connecticut by following their Facebook page.


~  Kim





1 comment:

  1. I share your feelings dear friend. Thanks for sharing this today.
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)