Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Keeping it Real...

  I started this blog so that I could document my home design projects that my husband and I were doing around our new home.  After being in our home for over 2 years now, we have halted most of the projects due to time and money constraints.  We have one child in a private preschool and both of my children do sports.  They need clothes, shoes, you know... kids are expensive.

  So I've struggled with what I want this blog to be. At one time I even thought that I didn't need this blog anymore because I have another one for my business, but I wanted to keep this blog because it is more personal.  I just wasn't sure how much of my personal life that I wanted to show.  In the end, I would love to have an online diary of my life and my children, and by doing this I am letting more of my personal life show through than I initially intended.  I have come to terms with the fact that I can not have a personal, life based blog without actually talking about my life.

  So expect more posts, as simple as they may be.  Sometimes my life is really exciting but then it can be really boring and mundane as well... getting the kids to school, cleaning, cooking dinner.  This is not really the exciting stuff but I'm hoping that by sharing more of the little things, that I will start a whole new level of self-expression that I have been holding back.  It may not always be pretty, but at least it's real!

  Some of this new thinking is from this online class that my sister and I are taking.  It is through www.Skillshare.com and this particular class is taught by Susanne Conrad, called "Author Your Life with Goal-Setting".  You are required to complete a 10 year vision and then have written goals that will help you accomplish your vision.  I will have a set of 1 year, 5 year, and 10 year goals.  The class has helped me realize what my goals and visions are and to think outside of the box inside my mind.  To let myself think bigger than where I am right now.  It has been very enlightening and even fun to think about what my future could hold.  Currently I am working backwards from my vision to compile my list of goals and I plan to post them here.  To put them out into the universe but to also be held accountable to them.  I will break my goals down into 3 categories:

"Family"- marriage relationship, children, and friendships
"Personal"- health and exercise
"Business"- my career and growth as a makeup artist and business owner

This will be the first time in my life that I have allowed myself to think outside of my proverbial box and actually allow myself to think of the possibilities that may be ahead for me and my family.  It's exciting and scary!

  There is another blogger that I am reminded of when I talk about my goals and putting them out there for everyone to read, Miss Mustard Seed.  I don't get a lot of time to peruse around the blog world but I have read a few of her posts that were totally inspiring.  She has been on the Nate Berkus Show, developed her own line of milk paint, and now has a book.  All the while she says she can't believe these things are happening.  She has written down her goals, hopes and dreams and look they are all coming true!  It is pretty amazing!!  I just recently checked out her blog and saw this blog post that just reminded me just how awesome her journey has been! {http://missmustardseed.com/2012/10/from-blogger-to-author/}

I encourage everyone to take a vision and goal journey because you have no idea where you could go from here!!

~ Kim 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)