Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas 2012~ A Christmas Surprise


This was the Christmas collage that never made it into the Christmas cards.
I think this is the first year that I have not sent out at least a New Year's card!
I just couldn't bring myself to sit down and do them this year,
we had so much going on with parties and family.
I don't think I sat down and rested until the day after Christmas and by that time,
 all I could think was "What's the point?".






This was the kid's surprise Christmas present!
We named her Lulu and we are told she is Golden Retriever and Yellow Lab mix.
My husband's cousin was given her but she already has a few dogs,
so she was fostering the puppy until she found a home for her.
Three days before Christmas I casually asked her Mom how all their dogs were doing and
found out about this little one.  It just felt right and I loved being able to surprise the kids!




My daughter and her quickly became good friends. 








We brought her home on Christmas Eve.
The first few days she was very quiet and slept a lot.









But not anymore, this wild little puppy has WOKE UP!
She is crazy, funny, and fearless.



We gave her her first bath last night.  She did pretty good.
We are working on potty training, she will go potty outside 
but she still has accidents in the house.

We are also working on teaching her to bite less, those puppy teeth are vicious!
The best thing is that she is already crate trained so at night she goes in her crate 
and sleeps all night with no accidents.  It is the best!!

It's been a little over a year and a half since we lost our oldest dog, Rudee,
and we still have our beloved Black Lab mix, Zoe, who is awesome with the kids.
She is almost 10 years old and has been a little depressed without another dog around,
but this little one has thrown her world for a loop.
It's funny to see her act motherly but then put Lulu in her place when she bites too hard.
It's a lot of work, I had forgotten how much trouble such a little puppy can get into, but honestly
I love the chaos and I have quickly become totally devoted to this little puppy, Lulu.

Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)