Friday, November 30, 2012

Inspiration Friday No.32~ Decorating the Christmas Tree


Decorating the Christmas tree use to be one of my most favorite things to do.  
I would spend hours putting the tree together, always with a glass of 
white wine in hand!  I loved finding the perfect spot for each ornament, 
always stepping back to get a full view before putting on the next ornament.  

Fast forward 2 children later and I still love having a pretty tree but I am 
less excited about doing the work!  Over the years I have decorated the tree in 
purple, light blue, dark blue, and mulit-colored ornaments...now I crave an all white tree 
with a simple burlap tree skirt.  But it is hard to have an all white tree because so many 
of our personal ornaments that I love are colored.  

We have solved this issue by having two trees!
I have my large fake tree in the front window, decorated in white, 
wrapped in ribbon and all, and my husband and children get a real tree 
and decorate with all the color and tinsel they desire!  Everyone is happy!!


Some of my favorite tree inspirations...

















Pretty mantle!




I went to visit one of my favorite local stores, Shore Gallery & Design.
This is the first time that I have been during the holiday season 
and I was amazed that every inch of the store is beautifully decorated
for the holidays!









An amazing peacock decorated tree.
So much fun!









The front window is so beautiful.









Not Christmas tree decorations but I thought cool enough not to share.  
I found these unique knobs at TJ Maxx last week.
I was walking to the cash registers and stopped short when I saw these beauties.
I know I should have bought them, just to have them.
But I didn't.
They were only $7.99 for a pack of 4, which is a great price!
Ahhh, I should of bought them!!!















So is everyone all decorated for the holidays?
I feel like I am just about done decorating but there are 
still so many boxes everywhere!  
I need to wrap it up so I can literally start wrapping stuff up!!!

I hope you have a great weekend!

~  Kim

(most pictures can be found on my Pinterest  "Holiday Decorating" page)

2 comments:

  1. I like the xmas tree, with the mantel and the two deers facing each other. some are just to much, and some are to plain. but I honestly do not like the peacock feathers.just me! Im sure your tree is beautiful.mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim this is a great post filled with so many inspiring photos. Can u believe I haven't even started my Xmas decorating? I might be the last blogger left without Xmas decor because of a very crazy few weeks. When I et back in town I'll have fun pulling out my boxes, and I love your idea about the two trees. I've always wanted an all-white tree but haven't done one yet. Maybe this year?
    Leslie (Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)