Thursday, November 8, 2012

Halloween Party


We had a great time at our Halloween Party with our closest friends and their children.
I spent a lot of time hanging spider webs preparing for the party.
It's not the same effect in the daylight but I went around and took some pictures of our decorations.
It's amazing how some spider webs and orange lights turn our coastal cottage style home into a spooky place.








I left all of our usual decor in the bookcase and just added spider webs, lights, some leaves 
and a lighted skull.




The thing in the bottom middle is a strobe light, which really set the spookiness of our fireplace.




My daughter did a great job decorating this table.  She really gets into decorating, almost too much!  
She takes all the good stuff for herself!!




The opening between our dining room and kitchen, this is our bar area where all the food placed.




I got the idea to drip a red candle onto white ones from the Young House Love blog a few years ago.







This lantern is decorated differently for every season.  I wish I had picked up 10 more when I found them on clearance at Walmart for $4.  Yep, $4 and I only bought 2 and then one broke during our move.




It's a whole different feeling at night and all the lights are out.  Of course we had spooky music 
playing and I changed out regular light bulbs for orange ones.




The fireplace with the strobe light one.  The strobe light really was a hit when the kids started a dance party!




My costume was a peacock.  I found this eyeshadow tattoo at Party City.  I was a little scared to try it out, but the directions sounded easy enough.




This is the end product with my lashes from Sally's Beauty Supply.  Oddly the eyeshadow actually goes on kind of creamy and not powdery like I expected.  It went on easier than I expected but it started to crease not long after having it on.  It was fun but it didn't hold up like I was hoping.  The lashes were awesome though!  So much fun!!




My kiddos, the Storybook Witch and the police officer.




She loves having her makeup done!!







Me and my husband.




We did a wrap the mummy game, this is my daughter all wrapped up.  The kids always have a blast and the best part is when they rip off the toilet paper and have it flying all over the place!


Lot's of fun!  

~  Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)