Thursday, July 12, 2012

Striped Wall Update Decor


  You know when you are getting ready to have a party at your house and all of the sudden you need to finish at least two of the things that you have had on your "to do list" for ever but all of the sudden it has to be done right this minute???  That was what I was doing on Friday before our annual cornhole tournament on Saturday.

  This (pic below) is what our wall has looked like since I painted the stripes back in February.  The same mirror has been up since we moved in 2 years ago and the pictures on either side I stole from the bathroom after trying plates that didn't quite cut it....so the bathroom has been pretty much bare since then.  I didn't love the pictures but I left it like this, for a long time, longer than I would have liked but I just didn't have the drive to replace it all until Friday.  And then it was compulsive that I do it all right that second!!!







  Now after a little TJ Maxx shopping trip there's been some much needed changes on this focal wall.  In came a new mirror, and two new pictures, and the console I purchased at a garage sale recently.  The mirror has been switched out with a more rustic finish, the ornate silver finish mirror went into the makeup room, and the pictures finally went back into the bathroom.


Here is how it looks now!








With the addition of the new, bigger artwork...








 and a new rustic, painted mirror that style fits way better 
than the shiny mirror that was there before....










 and the el cheapo console table I scored for $2 bucks!









So after a long wait I am kinda lovin' the changes that have been made and I couldn't beat the $2 console table...still can't believe that!!!  And to top it all off, I painted OVER the coral paint samples that were ALL OVER the bathroom, put the pictures back up and it looks back to normal in there now.  I think I'm kind of over the whole coral paint now that I have a hot pink room!!

~  Kim :)








4 comments:

  1. It looks really nice,love the pictures!! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for such lovely inspiration! found you at MMS's link party, always a favorite!

    hope you can swing by:
    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/07/summer-sale-giveaway.html

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)