Saturday, July 21, 2012

Craigslist Fail


  I have been on the hunt for a sofa bed  of some sort to go in my makeup/guest room.  I have looked at futons, click clack sofas, pull out sofas, and daybeds.  I really wanted something like this modern daybed from West Elm.



...or this modern sofa bed, sometimes called a click-clack sofa.  I like that I can still have a coffee table, but I felt bad making my 56 year old mother sleep on a fold-out sofa bed.  Which led me to a daybed.




So the other day when a black metal daybed came up on my Craigslist search, I jumped on it.  I already had a mattress so the $75 I offered the woman on the $100 listing seemed reasonable to me.  When I arrived at the woman's home the daybed was taken apart and all of the hardware was in a plastic bag.  She said that there were a few screws missing but that she had put the thing together so many times, it was really easy.

  I take my daybed home and when I am unloading it from my truck I see that some of the metal rungs (I guess that is what they are called) were not connected.  It was a cosmetic issue but still, I was like great I bought a broken daybed.  I convinced my husband to help me put the thing together and when we laid out the hardware we were short like 5 screws.  There was actually bread bag zip ties holding the bed rails together.  My hubby was not to happy to say the least.  I had to drive to Home Depot and spend $8 for more screws.


This is the daybed put together, I haven't even bothered to put sheets on it.  


So I hate the daybed for multiple reasons.  It's too high for me to put a coffee table in front of it, it's not in the greatest condition, it squeaks and sinks when you lay on it.  It's just not the "vision" that I had for this room, so I'm back to square one, but now I am just the proud disgruntled owner of a daybed.

{I have been waiting to find the perfect solution to this dilemma before I do a proper reveal of the room...
still on the hunt}

~  Kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)