Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tortilla Soup


  I've had some requests for my Tortilla Soup recipe, so here it is!  I did not actually use tortillas for this because I'm trying to be good, I also left out the cheese.  Sad but true.  But it's still really delicious and you can kind of put anything you want into it, for instance my recipe does not call for green peppers but I added them because I have them.  Also, I did not cook the chicken, I just bought an already cooked chicken from the deli and shredded it.  Easy.

  No one in my family will eat this so I really have no idea how many people it will feed, but I usually have enough to eat off of for days and some to freeze.  Should feed a family of 4 pretty easy.  You could always add more chicken stock if you like it less chunky.  Enjoy!




1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. cumin powder
1- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup chicken stock
1- 10 oz. can Rotel original
1- small can corn kernels
1- 15 oz. can black beans
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
shredded chicken
salt & pepper, to taste

garnish:
shredded taco cheese
avocado slices
green onion
crushed tortilla chips or
if you really want to do it up, deep fried flour shells!

Happy Eating!!!

~  Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)