Sunday, August 12, 2012

Yes I am still here... slipcover washing


  I'm sorry I missed last weeks "Inspiration Friday" post, I blame it on the kids still being out of school and I have no idea what day it is most of the time.  I have also been busy with my makeup blog at www.makeupbykimporter.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.  I haven't done anything new around the house the only thing was recently I decided it was time to finally wash the slipcover on our sofa.  You can read about the love affair with my new slipcover here.
  Our black lab, Zoe, likes to lay with her hairy self all up against the sofa and it was covered with black hair.  I had been putting it off for awhile because it is so big and I had no where to hang/lay it to dry.  But it had come to a point that it was really gross and the dog shedding was just awful.
  You can read about the awesome laundry detergent that I used here.  The only thing about that detergent is it really bleaches out whatever stains you are treating.  I left it sitting on one of the cushion covers for too long and it turned it white, so lesson learned, don't leave it sitting on the fabric.
  It is super easy to remove the cover, it's attached by Velcro on the sides and back but comes off with no problem.  I just pre-treated some areas and threw it in the washer.  When is was done washing I folded up in half and laid it on our guest bed, flipping it once, and by the next day it was ready to put on.  It is best to put on when slightly damp so it is easy to stretch and the wrinkles will come out easier.

Rowe Nantucket slipcover in Natural.





It took this many lint brush sheets to remove the mounds of dog hair at the bottom of the sofa.




This is the super cheap, and super effective laundry detergent.
It has removed blood in 2 seconds flat from a cushion cover!!




So now the sofa is nice and fresh again... I will never live with out slipcovered sofa again!!!




I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

~  Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)