Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Styling a bookcase

  When we moved into this house we acquired a very large built-in bookcase.  The bookcase takes up almost an entire wall at the front entry and allows for the pocket door going into the hallway.  My first thought when I saw this extra large bookcase in the exact spot that I wanted my front entry table and mirror, was "It's gotta go," but now it's grown on me and I realize how lucky I am to have a bookcase already.

  I by no means consider myself a styling expert but I do enjoy the process (which I get from my mother, the act of piddling).  So every season I change out my extra large bookcase and this time I am decorating with the summer months in mind.  I often think/dream/contemplate painting the back of the bookcase but that is a big step.  Maybe one day.

I hate that light.  Empty bookcase.


All the stuff laid out on my dining room table.


Put back together.


Here's a picture of the pocket door that leads to the hallway.


Our doggie, Zoe :)







I got a lot of good tips from this website:   http://www.centsationalgirl.com/tag/styling-bookcases/

~  Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)