Sunday, May 12, 2013

Quick & Easy Chicken Enchiladas


Do you know that feeling when you are making something different for dinner,
and your family is a little unsure, but ends up totally loving it?
My husband wasn't sure what to think when I told him I was making
chicken enchiladas for the first time for dinner. We are use to eating fish and mashed potatoes and I've made tacos until I'm sick of them, but I was itching to try something different.




I looked at recipes online that were lower in fat but still full of flavor 
and ended up throwing this recipe together when I couldn't find what I was looking for.
The recipe is super easy and the ingredients and recipe are listed below.
First you start with your shredded deli chicken, Rotel, and seasonings in a pan.




Place the chicken mixture in the tortillas and wrap them up.








Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and dinner is served!!
I knew it was good when my husband turned to me and said 
"Ohhh this is so good.  Kim you can make this any night!"
as my 5 year old son was gobbling it up too.
(my 8 year old daughter wouldn't touch it, but that's typical!)




Yummy side dish!



Quick & Easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe

2 cups shredded chicken (I used a deli chicken)
8 oz. can enchilada sauce
6 tortilla shells
1 cup shredded mexican cheese
1/2 can Medium Rotel
3 green onions
garlic powder
cumin powder
salt & pepper

Side Dish Mexican Rice 
Old El Paso Mexican Rice
can of black beans, corn, and Medium Rotel

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  
Spray pan with oil and heat shredded chicken, 1/2 can Medium Rotel, 
cumin, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. 
(all seasonings were to taste, I used just a sprinkle of each)
Pour half the can of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish.  
Wrap tortilla shells with chicken mixture, spoon in some enchilada sauce, and sprinkle of cheese.  Place in casserole dish until all are tortillas are wrapped.  Drizzle the rest of the enchilada sauce over tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and green onions.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until heated through and the cheese is melted.

For side dish, cook rice in microwave as directed.  Heat rice, 1/2 can of black beans, 1/2 can corn, and 1/2 can Medium Rotel until heated through.


Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!! If you are commenting as "Anonymous" please leave your name so I know who you are :)